10.27.2006

Idyllwild Eugene

I have been doing quite a bit of traveling lately. And so both my high and low this week come from trips I was on.

My high is Idyllwild. I love that we go up to celebrate us every year. It is always a fun time no matter what we do up there. Paul and I enjoy looking around town and/or visiting with friends. There are two things that we have done every year, the first is watch a World Series game at the pizza parlor and the second is taking a walk and going to sit on "OUR" bench and talk. I have such great memories from our time spent on that mountain.

The low for the week took place in Oregon. I flew up with Moe and the kids on Wednesday and they took me back to the airport on Friday. Saying good-bye to them sucked to say the least. It was a two hour drive to get to the airport. I unloaded my 2 bags and then had to say good-bye to the kiddos. I gave each one a kiss, by the time I got to James I thought I was going to lose it. But then I remembered I have to get going, or I will miss my flight so I sucked it up and got out. I hugged Moe and we took a photo at which time I almost lost it again. But if I didn't run inside there was no way I would catch my flight. So off I went and I waited till I was safely on the plane before I started crying. I will miss you Askew Clan.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you do realize that i've enlisted you ... for a road trip to oregon - in no more then three months time, right? ;0) i've been bit by the travelin' bug... ;0)

Cyn said...

we are thinking it will be Jan. or Feb. before we get up there. i dont know if we will fly or drive yet. we will see. you can only enlist me if you are paying for all of the gas!

Moe said...

Come see me! I miss you guys. You have to come see the newest member of team Askew!