3.03.2008

ah ha

So... I realized that since I was 6 yrs. old I have always been on a team of some sort. Baseball, Soccer, Volleyball, Swimming, Track & Field, Basketball.... during every season there was some sport or another I was playing. That is until I stopped playing. It never occurred to me when Softball was over that I would need to continue working out to stay the size I was. That may seem to a DUH to most of you but at the time it didn't occur to me. DOH. I think this is also why I have a hard time just doing lap after lap. I crave that team spirit. Those teammates cheering you on, struggling through it with you, and triumphing together. Maybe someday I will have the guts to go find myself a team to join again. For now I enjoy the time I get to spend when I see Jeri on the track.

1 comment:

jeri said...

And you have a whole cheering squad on MWFs! It's been fun for me to have so many people that I know out on the track again. It makes the time pass by a lot faster!