7.02.2006

Getting better all the time

So after three days of run/walking and swimming I took two days off, not planned days but from the time I woke up I was out the door and busy doing. I was sad, I thought about trying to find a spare minute to just do part of the routine but alas I couldnt.

Tonight I did my third and final workout of week one (you can tell when someones a teacher, they start their weeks on Monday instead of Sunday). I started out with a 5 minute warm-up then continued with the run 60 seconds/ walk 90 seconds. I felt much better tonight than I did on day two of the couch to 5K plan. I completed a mile in 15:15 which for me is fan-tang-tastic. I walked a whole lap and drank half a bottle of water. Then I started the second half of the run/walking and completed my second mile in 16:34 not bad. So in total I ran/walked 2 miles and 1/4.

P.S. It also did feel better when I was doing the running part to be on the University track instead of the treadmill. I think I will keep it to walking during my extra days on that thing.

No comments: