7.06.2006

Kicked my arse

BUT... I completed it! =)

Tonight (July 5th) I began week two day one of my journey. Remember with the couch to 5K plan you walk/run three times a week, anything else is extra. Since it has been so dang hot I waited till the sun was way, way down before going to University. I got there at a little after 11pm and I was suprised at how many folks were out at this hour. Guess I am not the only one who doesnt want to bake in the sun.

Begining the new week means moving up from a 1 min. run to a 90 sec. run and a 90 sec. walk to a 2 min. walk. I was on the track and walking or running for 34:30 min. tonight. The first 3 sets really kicked me hard. OY! The second set went by much faster and my body felt looser. Here is what I did.

5 min. warm up walk
3 sets of 90sec/2min
5 min. walk and water break
3 sets of 90sec/2min
3.5 min cool down

For a total of 2.25 miles

The reason I worked out longer tonight and didn't walk any farther is because I was walking much slower on my middle 5 min. walk so I didn't go very far.

I also ended my session with about 10 minutes of stretching and looking at the stars

No comments: