3.12.2008

things that make you go hummm

Is my scale broken? It told me that as of this morning I was down 2.6 pounds for the week. I will see if this holds true over the next week. If so then I need 6 more pounds to reach my first goal. I am hoping to reach that goal by mid-April.

On to this week. Workout days include Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week. Every day but today was more of the same miles on the track, miles on the bike and weights. I threw in some cross training and stair climber this week. Since I received two BL dvds in the mail yesterday evening I decided to give those a try today. And boy did they kick my butt. I have both the Cardio Max and Power Sculpt. I did an hour workout between the two dvds.

I am beginning to feel better about myself and am trying to squash all the negative talk in my head. I think wow I lost X number of pounds last year and then a stupid voice in my head says, but you are still fat and havent accomplished anything. Little by little I am trying to get rid of that and stick with the positive thinking. It is still tough at times.

I am trying to get into my next size jeans that I bought a month ago by the end of this month. I can get them over my bum, buttoned and zipped but I do not feel comfortable wearing them out and about.

It is off to the shower and then time to do some work before bed. Have a great night everyone.

8 comments:

thany said...

When the negative thoughts come, serious say out loud for them to leave. Believe it or not, that is a spiritual situation you are dealing with and you need to say out loud for those evil thoughts to leave.

You can do this Girl! I am so proud of you.

Cyn said...

B-
I do, I feel silly doing it but I tell that stupid little voice to shut up!

Thanks, that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :)

jeri said...

Great work! I've been seeing you out there all the time, and you certainly work hard enough to have dropped that weight. :)

My miles update: as of yesterday, 132 for the year. My birthday provided a lot of bad for me food. The past week I have eaten terribly and I feel bad about it. I'm starting to get on track now, though.

Cyn said...

Jer-
Yes, I've been working hard but I just dont see having burned over 7000 extra calories in a week. Ya know

I dont think I will ever catch up to you and your insane miles, that doesnt mean I am not going to try. Way to go with that 132!

tk said...

This was a good thing, right? I doubt the scale is broken!

What are the BL dvds? Personally, I think those negative thoughts need a swift high kick in the rear. You're doing great and every time I see pictures of you I can see the changes.

Have you tried "living" in your jeans for a bit? Just wear them around the house and stuff to break them in? That might help you feel better about wearing them out while still meeting that goal.

Loves you and is cheering for you. Only, without pompoms and doofy uniforms this time.

Cyn said...

T-
Yes that would be a good thing... if it stays that way. I have finally seen a new tens digit and I don't want to go back to that yucky old one. Wait you've seen pictures of me, darn paparazzi

No I haven't tried the living in them thing, I have tried them on once a week to see how they fit. At the beginning they wouldn't go over my bum, so I figure the fact that I can zip them up is a good thing.

Thank You. I love you too. Hey I liked the CUTE uniforms, if only I could have fit into one of those back then. You always have been a good cheer-er person. :)

tk said...

Ooooh, new tens digits are nice. Definitely an inspiration all on their own to keep it up (or down as the case may be...) Yes, yes I have. I pay those paparazzi well so I expect results.

Live in them. Trust me. I hate jeans when I first wash them, but usually after a good wearing they are amazing. Same with buying. Sometimes I'll get home and wonder what crack I was on when I bought a pair of pants.

I'm not even going to go there with those uniforms. It's the main reason I won't cheer at homecoming games. I'll wear jeans and the sweater before I wear that skirt again. Cheer-er person.HA.

Cyn said...

T-
No kidding. I was stuck for so long at one. It was so frustrating. Oh no, I will have to start wearing disguises when I go out.

I'll give it a try but my issue is that my current jeans can be taken off without unbuttoning them and my tummy looks flatter. With the new ones I look pudggy and it makes my stomach look more lumpy.

:)